Zaylore Stout is an employment law and employment litigation attorney practicing in Minnesota. Zaylore came to the legal profession with 12 years of experience as an outsource human resource consultant to over 350 company’s nationally. He knew that once he became a licensed attorney that he’d leverage that experience to keep employers out of court through the implementation of proactive measures.
Throughout his legal career, Zaylore has worked the Hennepin County Attorney’s Office as well as the Los Angeles Public Defender’s Office. He’s represented small and mid-sized companies in a variety of fields while also conducting workplace investigations for municipalities. Throughout his 19 years in the employment law arena, Zaylore has developed a focus on identifying and addressing the client’s needs, while educating them on ways to prevent the issues from arising in the future.
Zaylore’s practice focuses on sexual harassment, discrimination, wrongful termination, and wage & hour litigation matters. He’s also experienced in alternative dispute resolution measured though mediation and arbitration.
Zaylore and the Firm serve as counsel to small and medium size companies where he advises them on a variety of issues ranging from workplace investigations, exempt vs. nonexempt classification, manager/supervisor training seminars, independent contractor vs. employee classification, severance package negotiations, employee handbook review/development, and responses to demand letters.
Zaylore received his J.D. from St. Thomas School of Law in Minneapolis, Minnesota. He’s also internationally published author and sought after speaker.
- Juris Doctorate – University of St. Thomas School of Law
- Bachelor of Arts – International Business Management – California State University Fullerton
- State of Minnesota
Community Involvement and Professional Associations:
- Minnesota State Bar Association, Member, Present
- Minnesota Association of Black Lawyers, Member, Present
- Twin Cities Quorum, Board Member, Present
- RECLAIM!, Board Secretary, Present
- Minnesota Center for Book Arts, Board Member, Present
- Small Business Advisory Board, Member, Present
Minneapolis -St. Paul Business Journal, Business of Pride Award, Recipient, 2018
St. Louis Park, City Council Candidate, 2017
Lavender Magazine, Community Leadership Award, Recipient, 2017
St. Louis Park, Human Rights Commission, Member, 2017
Minnesota State Practice
- Wrongful Termination
- Whistle Blower
- Wage & Hour
- Independent Contractor Agreements
- Final Wages
- Bounced Paychecks
- Meal Period Violations
- Sexual Harassment
- Uniform Service Employment & Reemployment Act (USERRA)
Minnesota Federal Law Practice
- Title VII of the Civil Rights Act
- Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA)
- Occupational Safety and Health Act (OSHA)
- Uniform Service Employment and Reemployment Right Act
- Employee Polygraph Protection Act
Consumer Credit Protection Act (CPCA)
- Chapter 7 (representing debtor)
- Chapter 13 (representing debtor)
Social Security Benefit Appeals